Monday, August 22, 2011

Le Petit Chateau

 

We just got back from a three-week, 3,600 mile road trip: Niagara Falls, Monteal, and Quebec (city).  I have to say: if I knew Quebec was going to be that much fun, I would have gone there directly and spent my whole vacation just wandering through its Old World-style streets.  Alas, we only had three days.

On the first night, we had cheese fondue at Le Petit Chateau, 5 Rue St-Louis, right next to the Chateau Frontenac.  It was so good we went back there the second night just to make sure it wasn't a fluke.  Nope, the second was as good as the first, and we had chocolate fondue for dessert.  The third night in Quebec, we weren't in a fondue mood, so we had crepes en casserole there instead.  Unbelievably good.

Given the normally high prices found in Canada and the painful 13% tax on nearly everything, it was a relief to find a restaurant so good that we could ignore the cost.  I recommend it unreservedly.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment